The Organic CSA Vegetable Field

The Organic CSA Vegetable Field
A picture of Plant City's (eastern Hillsborough County) first organic CSA farm

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow alert!

It seems that mostly I talk about the the weather in my past posts but it is hard not to talk about the weather when that is probably one of the biggest impacts on the farming outcome. It looks like this week is no exception. We have been having record setting cold this past week and we have thankfully gotten through it for the most part. I have ran our drip tubes at night and covered up what could be covered. The greenhouse has been buttoned up tight and so far we are faring well.

I am not sure how things will look after this weekend. They are predicting some snow around the state. The forecasters say that it happens about once every 30 years. I remember when I was four years old in Ft. Lauderdale we had snow. It looks like it is time again for it to happen. I am not sure how the crops will do so we will see.

The covercrop is doing well and still no eggs from the Dixie Chicks!

No comments: