The Organic CSA Vegetable Field

The Organic CSA Vegetable Field
A picture of Plant City's (eastern Hillsborough County) first organic CSA farm

Friday, March 21, 2008

Welcome, Spring!

It is officially one day after Spring. At Steed Farms I am always happy to see the sun moving higher in the sky and the earth warming up. The draw back to warmer temperatures is the need to water more. I planted yellow crooked neck squash, zuchinni, three kinds of beans (two bush, and one Italian flat pole bean), a tropical pumpkin that I ate for the first time in the winter and saved the seeds from, and a cucmber that I have selected for its production in our garden plot. Everything is coming along fine. The squash seemed to be having a little shock from the transplant. I found a distributor for organic fertilizer both dry and fish emulsion the company is JR Johnson. I purchased a Dramatic K fish hydroysate 2-5-0.2 and a dry 8-2-4 called Sustane. We will start trying them out.

No comments: